One of the best raw food restaurants in Kensington, London is SAF “Simply Authentic Food” and they offer not only award winning organic cuisine, but also “fast food” crisps and crackers. Inspired by their flavor, I created in my kitchen a new recipe for Raw Living Italian Style Pizza Crackers. Believe me or not they smell and taste like Napoletana pizza! However they are healthy and a really nutritious treat for light snacking throughout the day.
Raw Living Italian Style Pizza Crackers
2-3 big tomatoes
Cup of sweet peppers (red or orange)
½ cup of flax seeds, soaked for 4 hours
½ cup of almonds
2 cloves garlic
2-3 tsp. olive oil
Red pepper powder
1. Soak the flax seed in water for at least 4 hours.
2. Place the almonds in a food processor and blend until they turn into “flour”. Be careful not to overheat it because the almonds will turn into butter.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and blend.
4. Prepare the dehydrator trays; cover them with the Para-flex (the sheets coming with your dehydrator). The Para-flex sheets are not sticky.
5. Using a scoop place each cracker on the para-flex sheets. The thinner you spread it the thinner and crisper the cracker will be. During the dehydration the mixture will shrink and the crackers might split if they are too thin.
6. Dehydrate for about 4 hours and turn them when they are firmed. Leave the crackers for another 4 hours or until nice and crisp in the dehydrator. You will smell the delightful pizza flavor in the room.
7. Once ready and cooled, store in an airtight container and surprise every one with your healthy raw living pizza flavored crackers.